Good morning! Ah, back to my favorite day of the week. Friday always feels like a reward, don’t you think?
On Monday of this week I posted photos for a fresh-faced, minimal makeup look. Since last week’s tutorial had a LOT of steps and color variety, I thought I’d swing the other direction this week and shoot a very natural, nude look.
The video is live on my YouTube Channel, which you can always reach via the YouTube button in the menu bar above. But, if you don’t have time for a video, here are my quick tips on how to achieve a natural look with your makeup:
1. Eyeshadow: Stick to matte products, and don’t deviate more than one or two shades from your natural skin tone. Your face naturally has shadows and contours by virtue of having shape (duh), so accentuate what you’ve already got going on.
2. Liner/Mascara: Skip liner altogether. Mascara is a personal preference. My lashes are short and blonde, and a coat of mascara isn’t enough to make them look too “made up.” People who naturally have lashes for days that are already dark can probably skip the mascara, too. Lucky ladies!
3. Foundation: Go for a light to medium coverage that has a natural finish. To me, a “natural” finish is anything that isn’t going to give you an especially dewy OR matte finish. You still want it to look like YOUR skin, but enhanced. YourSkin+. If you like BB or CC creams, those are good options here as well.
4. Skip extreme highlighting and contouring. If you want a little bit of matte bronzer, go for it, but don’t get too crazy. As for blush, you’ll see in the video what I use as an alternative. A little something on the cheeks will keep your face from appearing unnaturally flat and monochrome, but you’ll want to stay away from shades that are going to appear obvious. As with the eyes, stick to colors that aren’t too far away from your skin tone.
5. Lips: At the risk of sounding like a broken record. . .choose a color that’s similar to the natural shade of your lips. Remember, you’re enhancing what you’ve got going on naturally; not going for a drastic look.
Here’s a preview of the video!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!